- WHAT: The Computer Simulation & Gaming Conference (CSGC) brings together students, educators, professionals and enthusiasts for two days of learning, innovation, networking and gaming. From VR and game design to visual effects and digital art, CSGC features inspiring talks, workshops and exhibits.
- WHEN: Friday Conference : April 16, 2021
Saturday Competition: April 17, 2021
Registration opens at 9:00 am
Main Event – 10:00 am – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday Awards Ceremony – 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 pm
- WHERE: The Expo will be held in Allen Chapman Student Union at the University of Tulsa
- WHO: This event is free and open to the public. Over hundreds of attendees are expected to attend this year’s event.
- WEB: https://www.csgconf.com
- More Info: For more Information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
These rules apply to all competitors no matter the competition, category or group division.
FEES AND REGISTRATION:
- There are no fees for entry this competition
- COMPETITOR PRE – REGISTRATION
- In order to ensure your spot for the competition we ask that all teams pre-register for this event.
- Teams can consist of two or more individuals. While team sizes can vary we recommend a group of 4 and no teams larger than 8 individuals.
- The Game Assets and Digital art competitions must be submitted by individuals no team submissions.
- A single registration is required per-team (DO NOT send in individual registration for each team member)
- You must register for each category separately (eg. one registration for the digital games, a second registration for the digital art show)
- The deadline to register and submit for all competitions is March 31st.
EXHIBITION OF SUBMISSIONS:
- All competitors must submit a link where all attendees can virtually view/play the submission
- Competitors can use a personal website or sites such as itch.io (or other similar sites) to host their submissions
- All links must be submitted by the deadline of March 31st, 2021
- YouTube videos made and submitted by competitors will be aired during the conference
- YouTube videos must be made be set to public.
SUBMISSIONS AND JUDGING
- All entries must meet the submission requirements. See each competition category page for complete submission details
- Judges will review all submissions prior to the day of competition. All submissions must be submitted by March 31, 2021.
- Games and digital art must be self hosted (e.g. on a site like Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, and or on your personal website) and a shared URL submitted
- Many competitions will also require one or more video submissions via a public Youtube link.
- All physical game submissions must be postmarked by March 31, 2021.
- See submission details on competition pages for full requirements.
- Judging criteria for each competition is listed on the competition category pages (see links above).
- All awards are at the discretion of our judges, including a decision to not award a prize to any competition/category/ or peer group. The judges’ decisions are final
- Just because you are the only entry in a competition does not guarantee a win. The quality of work must meet a certain ranking determined by our CSGC Judges.
- Judges also have the discretion to move an entry to a different competition if they feel it is better suited for that competition. Note that is not done arbitrarily, it usually is to give the competitor a better chance at winning an award. (e.g. You entered the concept art for game assets, but they felt it was more appropriate for the digital art show.)
- Entries may be disqualified at the discretion of the judges for use of any inappropriate content, themes or failure to meet submission requirements.
- The awards ceremony will be held on the Saturday of the conference at 5:00 pm.
- Video showcase of all entries in a category will be broadcast before the winners are announced.
- All winners will be notified via email as to their placement and how to receive their award.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
The University of Tulsa and CSGC reserves the rights to change, modify, and or update the rules, regulations, and guidelines at anytime. These will be subject to change at anytime without notification.
OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- UNIVERSITY OF TULSA REGULATIONS
- Exhibitors and attendees must adhere to all the University Tulsa (TU), city, county, state, and federal regulations.
- The selling or use of tobacco, alcohol, and gambling-related products are strictly forbidden at the show.
- All weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- For a complete list of University of Tulsa rules and regulations visit: https://utulsa.edu/campus-security/policies/
- Attendees may bring children; however, all children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children are not permitted to wander freely through the event or the university without a guardian of 18 years of age or older.
- VR & AR hardware manufacturers advise that VR use is limited to children over 13 years old. Parents must agree to sign a waiver allowing children under 13 to demo any of the game in our VR showcase.
- LOST AND DAMAGED GOODS
- In the event of lost or damaged goods, please inform a member of the Event Staff. They will direct you to campus Safety and Security. However, CSGC, the event staff nor TU is responsible for anything missing or broken during the event.
- All Exhibitors and guests are held accountable for his or her own belongings and are encouraged to make sure that they have all their possessions before leaving the event to ensure that nothing is left behind.
- VIDEO AND PHOTOGRAPHY
- By attending the public CSGC attendees are granting their permission to be photographed or recorded by individuals authorized by CSGC and grant their permission for CSGC to use such videos and images or footage for archival or promotional purposes.
- We do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that other attendees or other individuals will not take photos or record video or audio of you while you are attending the public expo event. You attend the expo at your own risk with regards to such photos, videos, and audio, being taken by a third-party.